LikeWhere respects the privacy of all users of our website, including social media channels and apps. In this privacy statement, we will explain how LikeWhere collects and uses the personal information it gathers while ensuring we keeps all personal information you provide to a minimum and in accordance with our obligations under current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation. This Statement outlines the types of personal information collected on our website, how this data is used and safeguarded as well as how users may exercise their rights with respect to personal information.
Information Collection & Use
The types of personal information that may be collected via our website may be provided by the user voluntarily or collected automatically on our website (e.g. by using cookies or other online technologies).We may collect; Name, Address, Company, Email Address, Company Address, Job Title. We may use this information to share company updates and product news through email marketing campaigns. The legal basis on which we do this is our Legitimate Interest, to which you have the right to object by contacting the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, in order to use certain areas of this Website, you must first complete a registration form and create a user name and password. During registration, you are required to give contact information such as your name and email address. We use this information to contact you about the services on our website in which you have expressed interest. You have the option to provide additional information to us. We encourage you to submit this information, so we can provide you with a more personalised experience on our website. LikeWhere is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. LikeWhere collects personal information from our users at several different points on our website. At any given moment, you can use the unsubscribe functionality at the bottom of every newsletter, in case you do not wish to be registered anymore.
Provision of Information
Any personal information provided by you to LikeWhere through this website will be used for the purpose of providing you with LikeWhere information. Such information will be sent to you using the contact information you have submitted via this website.
Surveys or Contests
From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information and demographic information.We use this information to monitor site traffic and further understand our market and your requirements.
Product Offers and Updates
If you have registered to our website, we will occasionally send you information on LikeWhere's products and services. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions in the section “Choice and Opt-out” below.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use contact information, e.g. your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions in the section “Choice and Opt-out” below.
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and navigation data. We use this information to analyse trends, to administer our website, to track users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Information sharing and disclosure except as provided in this Privacy Statement, we will not share, sell, license, trade or rent users’ personal information to or with any third party without the user’s consent. We will share user information in the following ways:
- Fraud Prevention:
We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law Enforcement Purposes:
If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose information collected about a user in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personal information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, promotional or other (electronic) communications, you may opt-out of / unsubscribe to receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter. For all other requests, such as (full) personal data erasure, please email us at email@example.com.
We take the security of our users’ personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect their personal information against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about our users.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain the information we collect about and from users for as long as necessary to fulfil a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information provided to us so that it can no longer be attributed to a user if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
Links to Other Websites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by LikeWhere. Please be aware that we, LikeWhere, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by this website.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. To obtain a copy of your personal information, or request the deletion of your account, please send us an email at email@example.com. You have the right to contact the Data Protection Commissioner to lodge a complaint. You can visit their website at https://dataprotection.ie
Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time we may update this Statement. When we do, we will publish the changes on this website. If you do not agree with these changes, you should discontinue your use of our website. If material changes are made to this Statement, we will notify users by email or by placing a prominent notice on this website.
You can submit any comment, request, question that you may have regarding our Privacy Statement by contacting us at:
Data Protection Officer
LikeWhere Discovery Ltd
33 Pearse Street